Barnet Unison has put together its top ten list of privatisation and private sector commissioning failures. Some extraordinary ones in here. We might add more. There are plenty around, after all.
Follow the links to see how badly these private sector companies have “delivered” services:
1. Jeremy Hunt: ‘completely normal’ for contractor to fail to deliver http://ning.it/OV8pPC
2. Winterbourne – Timeline: Winterbourne View abuse scandal http://ning.it/18tbEaf
3. Southwest One contract dispute cost council £5.9m http://ning.it/18tbHTs
4. Timeline: how G4S’s bungled Olympics security contract unfolded http://ning.it/1b4EnGP
5. G4S faces fraud investigation over tagging contracts http://ning.it/18tbNKJ
6. Private contractor fiddled data when reporting to NHS, says watchdog http://ning.it/1b4EwtN
7. Serco tagging scandal could hit sale of MoD agency contract – http://ning.it/1b4ExOp
8. MPs CALL FOR CAPITA CONTRACT TO BE AXED http://ning.it/1b4EHoV
9. BT overcharging Liverpool council by £10m a year, report claims http://ning.it/1b4EPoq
10. Southern Cross set to shut down and stop running homes – http://ning.it/1b4F0A1
and let’s also add:
11. ATOS – with employment and support allowance appeals up by 70% in recent figures.
12. A special shoutout to ALS/Capita for the shambles made of the courts’ outsourced interpreting service
13. A4e for multiple allegations of fraud and getting just 3.5% of referrals into long term jobs – below the minimum target set by the DWP.
Reblogged from the False Economy website